CNN is perhaps the largest fake news network in America.
But their record of telling lies about President Trump and his supporters may have finally caught up with them.
And now, this fake news scandal could lead to CNN going bankrupt.
CNN has been caught red-handed in several fake news scandals over the years.
And the network’s obsession with painting President Trump and his supporters in a negative light have only served to destroy the network’s reputation as a fair and reliable source of news.
Things have gotten so bad now that CNN is routinely billed as the most prominent fake news network in America.
And there’s a reason they’ve earned this reputation.
After covering the story about Covington Catholic High School in one of the most dishonest ways possible, CNN helped create a media frenzy over the high school students wearing “Make America Great Again” hats, which ultimately proved to be entirely false.
And CNN’s fake news reporting of the incident may now come back to haunt the network in a major way.
The Daily Caller reports, “The lawyer for Covington Catholic High School student Nick Sandmann will likely sue CNN next, and the stakes could be higher than their suit against The Washington Post.”
Sandmann is already suing the Washington Post, who joined CNN in their dishonest coverage of Sandmann, for 250 million dollars.
“I expect because of the way [CNN] went after Nicholas so viciously, that the claim for his reputational damage will be higher than it was against The Washington Post,” said L. Lin Wood, the lawyer who is representing Sandmann.
Wood dropped the hammer on CNN however when revealing that his client will be going after the network for damages.
“CNN was probably more vicious in its direct attacks on Nicholas than The Washington Post. And CNN goes into millions of individuals’ homes,” Wood stated during an interview with Fox News.
“But you have a situation where CNN couldn’t resist the idea that here’s a guy with a young boy, that Make America Great Again cap on. So they go after him,” Wood said. “The CNN folks were online on Twitter at 7 a.m. retweeting the little one-minute propaganda piece that had been put out.”
The lawsuit against CNN will also likely be filed for 250 million dollars.
CNN’s reputation was shattered by the Covington story, which has since emerged to be one of the most destructive examples of the network’s shoddy reporting.
And now the gloves are off as one of their most prominent victims of CNN’s fake news reporting is punching back.
While it’s not entirely clear whether Sandmann will prevail in his lawsuit, or be awarded the 250 million dollars he’s seeking, it is clear that the suit could serve to warn CNN from once again jumping headfirst into making allegations without any evidence.
The lawsuit is expected to be filed on Monday or Tuesday.
Do you think Sandmann was right to sue CNN?
Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.