The Democrats are trying to destroy every safeguard on America’s elections.
The horrifying bill they just passed could demolish election integrity.
Hillary Clinton wants to change voting forever with an unconstitutional scheme.
Failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton said Thursday that the U.S. has a “once-in-a-generation opportunity” with H.R. 1, a bill to change election rules.
The bill passed through the House late on Wednesday evening.
“My friend John Lewis said, ‘The vote is precious. It is almost sacred. It is the most powerful nonviolent tool we have in a democratic society.’ We now have a once-in-a-generation opportunity to protect it,” Clinton said, calling on the Senate to pass H.R. 1.
The bill would require:
- An automatic voter registration that would require chief state election officials to automatically register unregistered residents.
- Require states to have online voter registration.
- Require 15 days of early voting with voting sites being open 10 hours a day.
- Prohibits states from restricting a person’s ability to vote by mail, and requires states to provide repaid return envelopes.
- Requires states to count mail-in votes that arrive up to 10 days after Election Day.
- States must allow bureaucrats to redistrict states as a way to draw new congressional districts.
- Prohibit voter rolls from being purged.
- Restores voting rights to all felons who have completed their sentences.
- Bans voter ID laws.
- Requires states to allow ballot harvesting.
- Stop election officials from reviewing the eligibility of voters.
This bill would make it illegal for states to put any basic safeguards on elections.
- R. 1 also expands the definition of “political speech” as a way to keep “misinformation” from spreading.
This would be a huge liability where candidates, civic groups, and nonprofit organizations could easily get into trouble.
House Speaker Pelosi said the bill was key to curbing “misinformation” on Democrat priorities such as climate change and gun control.
Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF), a nonprofit that defends religious liberty, warned that the bill, filled with “convoluted text,” “tramples on the free speech and free association rights of American citizens.”
“Throughout its nearly 800 pages of complex and convoluted text, H.R. 1 imposes unworkable and invasive regulations on the ability of individual Americans and groups of citizens to discuss vital policy issues with elected officials or the public and to exercise constitutionally protected freedoms,” ADF asserted. “The bill intrudes upon the private financial decisions made by everyday citizens, subjecting them to harassment and intimidation simply for giving to causes they care about.”
Despite Democrats dubbing the bill the “For the People Act,” ADF warns the legislation “is anything but that.”
“The U.S. Supreme Court has made clear that ‘the people lose when the government is the one deciding which ideas should prevail.’ We hope the Senate will see through this façade and reject this misleading and deeply flawed bill,” the organization added.
If you want Black Eye Politics to keep you up to date on any new developments in this ongoing story and the rest of the breaking news in politics, please bookmark our site, consider making us your homepage and forward our content with your friends on social media and email.