Last month, President Donald Trump ordered the preemptive strike against a known terrorist Iranian Quds Force Gen. Qassem Soleimani.
Soleimani was planning an attack on five American embassies that would lead to countless American deaths.
Iran fired back by issuing one ultimatum to the US military. This is how Trump responded.
President Donald Trump has proved time and time again that he will stop at nothing to protect this country and act in the best interest of the American people.
That has never been as evident as last month’s airstrikes against the Iranian Quds Force Gen. Qassem Soleimani.
Soleimani was a known threat to the United States. And when his plans to strike five United States embassies made its way to the President, Trump decided to take action to protect this great country and its people.
Trump ordered a drone airstrike against Soleimani which resulted in his death.
And while Iran attempted to retaliate with an attack on a US military base, Iranian citizens took the brunt of the damage, not American soldiers.
Fox News reports:
Ten missiles hit the Ain al-Asad Air Base, one missile hit a military base in Erbil and four missiles failed to hit their targets, according to a U.S. military spokesman for Central Command, responsible for American forces in the Middle East. The attacks unfolded in two waves, about an hour apart.
Initial assessments showed “no U.S. casualties,” a U.S. military official in Baghdad told Fox News.
Iranian state television later claimed – without evidence – that the strikes killed “at least 80 terrorist U.S. soldiers” and damaged helicopters, and drones at the Ain al-Asad airbase.
But now, Iran’s Supreme Leader has made another threat against the United States.
Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said Wednesday that ballistic missile attacks targeting U.S. military and coalition forces in Iraq Wednesday morning were “a slap in the face” to the United States.
Khamenei said the U.S. should leave the region, adding, “Military action like this is not sufficient. What is important is ending the corrupting presence of America in the region,” Reuters reported.
But President Trump is not one to sit idly by and take threats from anyone.
The President took to Twitter to denounce these attacks, and to show that he is ready to do whatever it takes to defend the American people.
<blockquote class=”twitter-tweet”><p lang=”en” dir=”ltr”>All is well! Missiles launched from Iran at two military bases located in Iraq. Assessment of casualties & damages taking place now. So far, so good! We have the most powerful and well equipped military anywhere in the world, by far! I will be making a statement tomorrow morning.</p>— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href=”https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1214739853025394693?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw”>January 8, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src=”https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>
The Pentagon also released an official statement regarding the attacks.
“In recent days and in response to Iranian threats and actions, the Department of Defense has taken all appropriate measures to safeguard our personnel and partners. These bases have been on high alert due to indications that the Iranian regime planned to attack our forces and interests in the region. As we evaluate the situation and our response, we will take all necessary measures to protect and defend U.S. personnel, partners, and allies in the region.”