The Democrats are fixated on the past to gain a political advantage.
However, it’s not working out as well as they wanted.
Nancy Pelosi just got a fact-check from the FBI that destroyed her favorite lie.
The Democrats have constantly repeated the lie that the Capitol riot was an attack against democracy.
Just last month, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi said, “The violent domestic attack on Congress on January 6th was the worst assault on the Capitol since the War of 1812 and the worst domestic assault on American Democracy since the Civil War.”
She continued with her hyperbole, “The future of our democracy is on the line. This assault was an attempt to overthrow the government.”
Pelosi said that there was need for a thorough investigation, since according to Pelosi, the hundreds of mostly unarmed people who breached the Capitol “nearly succeeded in overthrowing a presidential election.”
Pelosi isn’t alone; it has become a Democrat talking point.
Rep. Steve Cohen (D-TN) even compared it to Pearl Harbor, an attack that killed more than 2,000 U.S. soldiers.
“January 6th is a day like that,” Cohen said during a Wednesday interview with CNN host Chris Cuomo. “It’s a day that should be remembered in America because our democracy was at stake. It was under attack as much as Pearl Harbor was an attack on our country.”
However, the facts just aren’t on the Democrats’ side.
The FBI found little evidence that the Capitol riot was part of an organized plot to overturn the results of the election.
On Friday, Reuters reported that multiple law enforcement officials have told them that “the FBI at this point believes the violence was not centrally coordinated by far-right groups or prominent supporters of then-President Donald Trump, according to the sources, who have been either directly involved in or briefed regularly on the wide-ranging investigations.
“FBI investigators did find that cells of protesters, including followers of the far-right Oath Keepers and Proud Boys groups, had aimed to break into the Capitol,” the report added. “But they found no evidence that the groups had serious plans about what to do if they made it inside, the sources said.”
Reuters reported that 90-95% of the cases that the DOJ is prosecuting are “one-off cases,” and that the remaining 5% are militia groups.
“There was no grand scheme with Roger Stone and Alex Jones and all of these people to storm the Capitol and take hostages.”
None of the Capitol rioters have been charged with “treason” or “sedition.”
Most of the rioters have been charged with entering a restricted building, criminal trespassing, and in some cases, obstructing justice.
If you want Black Eye Politics to keep you up to date on any new developments in this ongoing story and the rest of the breaking news in politics, please bookmark our site, consider making us your homepage and forward our content with your friends on social media and email.