It’s horrifying how Fox News is trying to muzzle Tucker Carlson.
They’re going to extreme lengths to quiet him.
Fox News is fighting to keep Tucker Carlson silent with this one measure.
Tucker Carlson received a cease-and-desist letter from Fox News regarding his new show on Twitter which went public last week according to a report by Axios on Monday.
His new show “Tucker on Twitter” was instantly successful, drawing in at least 169 million views in just its first two episodes.
The cease-and-desist letter read “NOT FOR PUBLICATION” in bold letters, the report noted.
Harmeet Dhillon, one of the attorney’s representing Carlson, said in a statement to Axios that “Fox News continues to ignore the interests of its viewers, not to mention its shareholder obligations.”
“Doubling down on the most catastrophic programming decision in the history of the cable news industry, Fox is now demanding that Tucker Carlson be silent until after the 2024 election,” the statement continued.
“Tucker will not be silenced by anyone … He is a singularly important voice on matters of public interest in our country, and will remain so.”
Dhillon also issued a tweet on Monday blasting Fox News’s cease-and-desist letter and challenged Republicans and conservative figures to stop appearing on the network.
“For all the friends who have been asking ‘why don’t we see you on Fox anymore?’ — This is why,” she wrote Monday. “I am passionately committed to free speech and a free flow of information necessary for a free society. Until Fox stops trying to silence Tucker, it’s not a place for me. And I feel for my friends working at the network which has clearly caved into pressure from some quarter to silence [Tucker Carlson]. What you are seeing on Fox today is a censored version of the news. Keep that in mind as you make your viewing and your commenting choices.”
Dhillon added: “For all the members of Congress, culture warriors, ‘influencers,’ [GOP] officials — do you really want to air your views on a network that spits on its viewers, leaks oppo on its own talent, and even threatens former talent for speaking, for free, on [Twitter]?! You have free will!”
Attorney Bryan Freedman, who also represents Carlson, declared that Fox is attempting to infringe on Carlson’s First Amendment rights.
“Fox defends its very existence on freedom of speech grounds,” Freedman said. “Now they want to take Tucker Carlson’s right to speak freely away from him because he took to social media to share his thoughts on current events.”
Despite Fox News’s efforts to silence Carlson, his latest episode of “Tucker on Twitter” was released on Tuesday and takes on the indictment of Donald Trump.
If you want Black Eye Politics to keep you up to date on any new developments in this ongoing story and the rest of the breaking news in politics please bookmark our site, consider making us your homepage and forward our content with your friends on social media and email.